195 Bobwhite Ln
White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia 24986
The White Sulphur Springs Fire Department proudly serves an area of 110 square miles with a population of approximately 4,000 citizens. The department operates out of a single station located on Bob White Drive providing for fire prevention, life safety, fire suppression, and specialized rescue to the citizens of White Sulphur Springs and its many guest. The White Sulphur Springs Fire Department is a volunteer department consisting of 20 members and a staff of 7 support members.
White Sulphur Springs Fire Department was formed in 1932, and later formed the White Sulphur Springs Rescue Squad in 1959 as another component in the department. In the 1970’s, White Sulphur Springs became the first department in Greenbrier County to obtain extrication tools, commonly called the “Jaws of Life” , and provided rescue services throughout the county.
Today, the department operates with 3 fire engines, a tanker, a light rescue, and a 103’ platform tower, as well as two personnel vehicles. Expanding from the traditional roles of firefighting, members provide vehicle extrication, technical services and HAZMAT response.